WE ARE HIRING!
If your dream job is styling home decor and mixing and matching furniture all while offering top-notch customer service, then we have the job for YOU!
We are looking for a SUPERSTAR Assistant Store Manager who is a dedicated and reliable to join our team!
Do you love all things related to a making a house a home?
We are a fun, energetic and focus-driven team who love helping our customers beautify their homes with the least amount of stress.
Full Job Description
We are looking for an organized Assistant Store Manager with an eye for casual living design.
You will work closely with our customers to determine their needs, answer their questions about our products and recommend the right solutions.
To be successful as an Assistant Store Manager you should stay up-to-date with product features and maintain our store’s visual appearance and high standards.
- Must be quick on your feet to come up with styling ideas for walk-in customers.
- Strong interest in interior design / decorating, furniture and home decor.
- Past experience in a similar work environment is a plus.
- Exceptional organizational skills and able to work independently and with others.
- Ability to regularly follow up with current/ potential clients and vendors
- Strong attention to detail - This is a BIG one for us!
- Computer experience; proficiency in Microsoft Office, Pages and social media platforms
- A natural creative eye for design
- Great project management skills
- Maintain stores overall appearance. Ensures company standards for cleanliness for the sales floor, stockroom, restrooms and cash wrap.
- Monitor inventory levels and communicate discrepancies to Associate or General Manager.
- Re-stock store as needed.
- Coordinate all of the moving parts with shipments in the back.
- Understands inventory and expense control.
- Source relevant materials and furniture pieces as needed.
- Stay on top of home decor and furniture trends as needed.
- Must be comfortable lifting and moving decor and furniture up to 30lbs.
- Partners with Store Manager to recruit, hire, train, motivate and lead employees.
- Provides clear and consistent feedback to employees on a regular basis.
- Assist in goal setting process for Store.
- Is receptive and responsive to feedback.
- Identifies problems and opportunities to discuss with Store Manager.
- Leads team in the visual merchandising of sales floor.
- Assume additional management responsibilities when needed on a daily basis and in the absence of General Manager.
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to eight hours a day.
- Frequent reaching and bending and twisting.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Bachelors Degree
- Retail Management Experience
- Personable - enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
Excellent Working Hours:
Tuesday - Friday. 10:00 am - 5:30
Saturday - 9:30 - 5:00 / 5:30
Days Off: Sun / Mon
- Will discuss
- Bachelor's (Preferred)